Junior Snow Sculpture – Produced by Rocky Mountain Events
Date: Saturday, January 28th, 2017
Time: Carving: 11:00am – 2:00pm
*The Junior Snow Sculptures will be on display in Main Street Station Plaza throughout the week or as long as weather permits.
Main Street Station Plaza in Breckenridge
The Event Scoop:
Imagination comes to life through the magic of snow, and little hands. The Main Street Station Junior Snow Sculpture event is open to children, ages nine and up on Saturday, January 28th to help kick-off the Breckenridge International Snow Sculpting viewing. This year’s theme will focus on animals. Young participants will use the same type of snow that the big competitors use, and will learn the basics of snow sculpting in an enjoyable environment. Instruction will be led by one of Breckenridge’s own artists and sculpting extraordinaire, Mauricio Meneses. Rick Seeley, constructor of the “World’s Largest Snow Fort” at Keystone Resort and part of the professional snow sculpting group “The Flake Benders”, will also be helping the kids to channel their creativity using simple tools to form snowy shapes. Bring your kiddos for a fun-filled day of AWESOME beginning at 11:00am near the Main Stage in Main Street Station Plaza! Please review the tips below before joining in.
- Space is limited and preregistration is recommended.
- Dress warm! Hats, coats and, don’t forget those gloves.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses or goggles, and water bottles are recommended.
- Tools including small buckets, gardening tools and ice scrapers as well as glove covers and multiple blocks of snow at approximately three cubic feet each will be provided.
- Children may be joined into groups of three to four persons, depending on attendance.
- It is recommended that children are at least nine years old to participate.
- Safety is the highest priority. Please stay near your children and do not leave them unattended. Parents and guardians will be asked to complete a waiver and are invited to tap into their own, “inner child”!
- The Junior Snow Sculpture event is not a competition. It is however, a chance for kids to learn a constructive and inventive way to appreciate snow from talented teachers who know a thing or two about sculpture…and how to have artful fun outdoors! Be ready to see amazing creations in your yard after the next snowfall.
WARNING: The Main Street Station Junior Snow Sculpture could provoke creativity, excitement and the impulse for children to play outside during the winter.
FREE! Space is limited and registration is recommended.
Main Street Station offers free, underground parking for shoppers and visitors during the first two hours of their stay. Parking can also be found in regular, town lots. Other nearby lots include the “F Lot”, and the Stephen C. West Ice Arena.
Main Street Station Plaza, Wyndham Vacation Rentals, Hyatt Residence Club, GoBreck, Merchants of Main Street Station and Rocky Mountain Events